The Avicultural Society of South Australia Inc. welcomes new members from all over the world ! Join us and learn all about Australia’s wonderful world of Aviary birds.
The Avicultural Society of South Australia Inc. has the following objectives :
- The study of native and foreign birds.
- The conservation of native birds in freedom and the establishment of viable breeding populations of all suitable birds in captivity, especially rare and endangered species.
- The promotion of the hygienic keeping and scientific feeding and breeding of birds in captivity in the best and most natural conditions.
- The arranging of lectures by visiting and local aviculturists and naturalists on matters relating to native and foreign birds.
- The dissemination of avicultural information by all methods.
- The cultivation of affiliations and friendly relations with societies and clubs with similar objectives, in any part of the world.
If you subscribe to the above objectives and wish to avail yourself of the Society’s services we invite you to join us. It’s cheap, simple and easy to do too !
There are two ways you can join us – either become an Online Member or a Subscription Member.
Online Membership provides users with the following benefits :
- Complete access to the General Sections of this Internet site;
- Access to the “Member’s Only” password protected sections of this Internet Site;
- Ability to download or read online over 50 original articles, all never before published online. There are currently articles on Aviary Management; Bird-related Conservation issues; Diet and Feeding; Finches; Parrots and Lorikeets and many Softbill, Dove and Quail articles – this section will be updated regularly;
- Complete access to the Society’s Available, Wants and Exchange Service for Buying and Selling birds between members; updated monthly (Note : this service is subject to Australian Customs and Quarantine Legislation and the buying and selling of Australian Native Species is restricted to Australian users ONLY);
Anybody anywhere in the world can become an Online Member. All you need do is click the SUBSCRIBE button below to join up using your Credit Card on our Secure PayPal server – All the above services for ONLY US$12.50 per annum is a real bargain !
Note: when you join it will take 24-48 hrs to process your application and allocate a password – you should receive this by email within this time frame.
|To join up for our International Online Membership click below.|
Subscription Membership is available to those people who prefer to obtain their information about Bird Keeping and Breeding in the more traditional format.
A Subscription Member receives :
- Our monthly Magazine posted to their home address;
- Access to the Wants, Available and Exchange Service for Buying and Selling birds via the monthly Magazine (Note : this service is subject to Australian Customs and Quarantine Legislation and the buying & selling of Australia Native Species is restricted to Australian users ONLY);
- Access to all other Member’s Services provided by the Society as applicable.
- Please note : A Subscription Membership does NOT provide the user with access to the “Member’s Only” section of the web site.
Subscription Membership is available to anybody anywhere in the world, but differences in postage rates within Australia and via Air Mail outside of Australia means we have to offer 2 differing prices based on where you live.
If you live in Australia and wish to become a Subscription Member all you need do is click the SUBSCRIBE button below to join up using your Credit Card on our Secure PayPal server – ONLY AU$36 per annum makes this a real bargain !
If you live anywhere else in the world and wish to become a Subscription Member all you need do is click the SUBSCRIBE button below to join up using your Credit Card on our Secure PayPal server – ONLY AU$50 per annum is a real bargain !
Naturally, all members, either Online or Subscription, are very welcome to participate in any Society functions if they are ever in Adelaide.
In addition, if you reside in Australia and do not wish to subscribe online, or do not have a Credit Card etc, you can become a Subscription Member by posting us a cheque or Money Order (made payable to “ASSA”) for AU$36.00 – ensure you include your name and postal address with the letter so that we can post your monthly magazines.
Post to : ASSA
PO Box 485
North Adelaide SA 5006